Saturday, April 15, 2017

Becoming Professional Photographers

I don't think today was too great of a start for anyone, I arrived slightly late to De Anza High School, yet the tutorial hadn't really picked up yet. Don was struggling to connect his laptop to the projector and make it work, which means we couldn't really get any of the visuals. There was no service in the room, and the wifi was iffy. Nevertheless, we decided to start talking about things that didn't need visuals. 

Don told us the basic rules and regulations about responding to e-mails and communicating with him. Then we got to the blogging business, which is a huge part of even being an ILCer. Many people see our blogs, so it's important that we're descriptive and share what we genuinely think. Personally, having the blogs available last year helped me decide what and how much to pack. We didn't get to practice blogging with ease, though. Many of the desktop computers wouldn't connect to the internet, so that took a while as well.

A cool picture of Evan and me ft. the Brown cohort 
Almost two hours in we got to the best part of the tutorial, taking pictures! Don gave us a few cameras to share so most of us got into groups. I took pictures with my cohort member, Evan. He took a picture of Don specifically for his practice blog, then took pictures of well, everything. This part of the tutorial is honestly one of the best bonding experiences before we get to our schools. We took a cohort photo in front of the banner along with some other silly photos of each other. 

Once back inside, we had another little road bump: the USB ports didn't work in over half of the desktops. After a few minutes, all of the photos were up on MediaFire, though, and we were all able to add them to our practice blogs. Around that time, Don gave us a quick photoshop lesson and recommended that we try to mess with photo editing apps to make our pictures look nicer. 

Unfortunately, I had to leave a little early, before loaner items were discussed. Luckily, I already have the gist of how loaner items work and know not to pack over 40 lbs in my luggage. It was a pretty good tutorial after overcoming all the small issues, and I'm really excited to see more of my cohort and the other cohorts. 
Cammie and me doing a cheesy prom pose with the thoughtful Maddie and Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment