Saturday, April 15, 2017

A Tremendous Tutorial with Don

A nice picture of Don, taken by me
Today, all of the ILC cohorts got together for a group tutorial led by Don. The tutorial was a few hours long, we got to De Anza High School between 7:30 and 8 AM and left after noon. We learned a lot in the space of those few hours. Don gave us a huge packet (over 50 pages, all told) and taught us how to take pictures, correct email etiquette, good blogging, and other miscellaneous important items that all comes with being a part of the Ivy League Connection. We sat down sat down in one of De Anza's computer labs, and got to work.

At first we were preoccupied with some technical difficulties. Some of us had to move around the room in search of a computer that would work, many of the computers wouldn't let us use the internet. The next problem we had was with the projector. It wouldn't connect with Don's computer! Thankfully, it didn't take us too long before we were able to resolve our problems and focus on the blogging. 

By mid-morning (about 11 AM) we took a short break to take some pictures. This was my favorite part of the day. We all went out into the sunshine and had fun with the cameras. I even got a nice picture of Don, and he usually gets nice pictures of me! I enjoy taking pictures, and Don's advice really helped in improving the quality of my images. 

The one thing that I would have wanted different were the snacks. Don had supplied some snacks, but I was really hungry by the end of the session and couldn't wait for lunch. Madison was nice enough to give me a tangerine to hold me over until I could get some lunch. Thanks again, Madison! It was delicious. All food aside, this tutorial was a great milestone along the path to Vanderbilt in the summer.

This tutorial was really helpful for me, and I had a lot of fun meeting all of the other ILC members outside of my own cohort. Thanks Don!

No comments:

Post a Comment