Thursday, May 25, 2017

As Seen on TV: Board Meeting Edition

So the night of the board meeting was a very eventful one for me, especially considering I had just spent all day at school doing finals. I had just finished my drama final when I quickly stripped out of my costume, put on my nice clothes, and ran to join my dad and little sister in the car. It was a beautiful day, just a little windy. OK, make that very windy. I wasn't gonna let a breeze to my skirt and hair ruin being presented to the Board on local TV, however.

Family photo time!- my little sister, Emma (age 10), my dad, and me!
I was really excited to see everyone again because I really like everyone in the ILC program or affiliated, from the chaperones to the students to Don. We first listened to Don talk about what exactly to do before we went inside and sat in the front row. My cohort coincidentally had sat in the order of what was on our chaperone, Mrs. Hansen's, cue card, so we had it together when we didn't even know it. We instantly put our banner on our laps and chatted about this and that before the meeting began with the pledge to the flag.

I'm not going to lie, I did get a little bored in the beginning because it just seemed to drag on forever and ever, but once the meeting actually did pick up after roll call it was fine and I was intrigued in hearing the public comments.

I loved all of the speeches Don and my fellow ILCers gave during our presentation to the board that night. Everyone said something different, which I loved, and yet it all sort of tied together. There's something that's just very harmonious about that which I feel is a very good thing. It makes us feel like a family and that's always wonderful.
The ladies of the cohort as Evan gives his speech
After our presentation, we went out side and took pictures. I made a few jokes when the boys were placed because they sat criss-cross applesauce on the floor like in preschool, and then after that there was several jokes cracked which brought out everyone's pretty smiles for the camera!

Every event I go to, I feel more and more confident about leaving in July for Vanderbilt. I can't wait to see what's in store for me.
The Vanderbilt Cohort VS. the wind. Outcome: The Vandy Cohort stands strong no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment