Thursday, June 1, 2017

Adventure Into the Great Unknown

In about a month we are set to go back east to do this program and explore what is more or less the Great Unknown if we are being perfectly honest. There are some things I would really like to see while I am back east, and I would like to share them!

Look at how happy this Asian elephant is at the Elephant Sanctuary!
The first thing I would like to see in Tennessee is this place in Hohenwald called the Elephant Sanctuary. I found out about this place back in February while reading the back of a molasses jar and I decided that some day I have to see it for myself. Since we're going to be back there, why not see it when we go to Tennessee?

Speaking of animals, there is a zoo in Nashville at Grassmere! I would really like to see what kind of animals are there and maybe learn something about the wildlife in Nashville, other than the squirrels that invade Vanderbilt.

There is this building called the Parthenon in Tennessee which is a rebuild of the Greek temple with the same name. There's a huge golden statue inside that would be completely awe-inspiring to see and take pictures of!
Here is a picture of the statue in the Parthenon


Another place I would like to see is the Country Music Hall of Fame. I'm a bit of a music nut and country music is just very appealing to me, so I feel like I would enjoy learning about country music by going there and seeing the history of this genre.


We're also supposed to be going to Pennsylvania, and I think the Reading Terminal Market would be a great place to see! It reminds me a bit of the Berkeley Bowl, which I've been to many times. Someone who has been there told me I just had to try something called a water ice, which he said was basically a slushie but a lot better. And did I mention there is pie there?

Just get a load of all of that pie!!
Another place that would be wonderful to see in Pennsylvania is Hersheypark. I don't really like amusement parks because those places sort of weird me out, but it would be cool just to stand outside and take pictures. It seems like the kind of place where something haunting happened long ago and now bright colors cover it up.

And then there's the Eastern State Penitentiary. I have a morbid interest in the dark, twisted side of humanity, the paranormal, and history. What better way to fulfill that interest by visiting a creepy old prison, am I right? And as far as prisons go, this architecture is pretty breathtaking.

If you go inside you'll probably see a ghost, but who knows?

This has been the top picks of what I would like to see when we go back east, even if at the very least we stand outside and take pictures of the locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment