Friday, June 2, 2017

Jorts. And a Lovely Dinner With the Cohort

I started my day with my alarm going off at 6:00, which is much to early for my liking. My school day consisted of three tests(not fun), but at least I had a dinner to look forward to. I'll be honest when I say that the only way I got through test number three was the promise of pizza in my near future. So, as soon as school ended I headed over to Zachary's to meet with the cohort for dinner at 4:30, but somehow in our email thread the meeting time had changed from 4:30 to 5:00, a time change I wasn't aware of. Anyways, within a half hour Ms. Hansen, Maddie, and Joceline arrived and we made our way into the restaurant.

My Pizza-Yum!
We got table and started picking through the menu, Joceline is pretty familiar with the restaurant but the rest of us hadn't been to Zachary's in a while,if ever, so we took our time going through the menu and perusing our options. After a bit of discussion about what kinds of toppings we each like, I learned that all of us are meat eaters and don't have any allergies, Evan arrived. With our servers help, we decide what kinds of pizza to get and what salads we would start with. Maddie, Evan, Joceline, and I all split a massive Caesar salad, and within what seemed like no time at all the pizza was at our table. While I'm not entirely sure what all was on the pizza, I know it included spinach, mushrooms, chicken, and more, and it was delicious. We each ate one piece with the exception of Evan who had two, I would had had another but I felt like I would explode if I ate any more. During our meal, our conversation drifted to and from countless subjects. We talked about different music genres, movies, cartoons, cars, and so much more. I was surprised by how much we have in common, and it was nice getting to know everyone a bit more.
The cohort after eating a lot of pizza
After we were done eating we got the check, it came with five lollipops, one for each of us! I immediately grabbed a red one, I'm a sucker for red lollipops(haha sucker-get it?). We finished our lollipops and then headed to one of my favorite childhood stores, Greetings. It's a small shop that sells greeting cards and random other things, like stuffed animals, magnets, coffee table books, and(my favorite) socks. I spent a while looking through their sock collection, but in the end didn't fall in love with any enough to warrant buying them. Ms. Hansen bought some super cool paper doll decorating books for her nieces, I'll admit I was pretty jealous of the mermaid ones that came with customizable tails.

Evan enjoying the view
We finished up at the store and then headed up to Indian Rock, which is a really big boulder that you can climb to see an awesome view of the bay. We climbed the stairs to the top of the rock and took a bunch of pictures, only a few people were there when we arrived. As it got later, and closer to sunset, more people came. We sat and talked, it was interesting to see what everyone was doing up on the rock, some people brought their dinners, others had their dogs with them, and some came to take pictures. This is were the title of my blog comes in, of the dozens of people which were there with us, a large portion of them were wearing jean skirts. I hadn't realized those were in style again, though I definitely support it, but the surplus of these skirts came into conversation. This lead to us discussing other types of clothing that can be made out of jeans, such at jorts(jean-shorts). It was a really fun and silly conversation, so I thought it was worthy of mentioning.
The view from Indian Rock
Pretty soon the fog was starting to roll in so we walked back down to Solano where we had started the evening. We walked to my car, were we said our goodbyes. Ms. Hansen gave us a quick reminder about the blogs and mentioned that we would be seeing her for orientation on Monday. Then Ms. Hansen, Maddie, and Joceline left for their car and Evan and I got into my car so I could drive him home. It was a really fun night, I definitely enjoyed the food, getting to know everyone more, and the beautiful view from Indian Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment