Friday, June 2, 2017

Anime, Dogs, and Janties- A Night on the Town

Tonight was the Vanderbilt cohort's casual dinner and I ended up dressing up a bit for the event. I was feeling sort of cute today, so why not? I did however take the liberty of wearing my Vans with my dress, so there's that. I also got a haircut recently, so doing my hair was a quick comb and out the door, more or less. Yay for loose rules of what to wear!

Food is good. This pizza was great.
Anyways, so Miss. Hansen picked me up from my place and then we went to this place called Zachary's, which I have never been to before. Cammie had already been there and Joceline showed before we went in. Evan was the late child to the party, but he still arrived on time. When we started ordering, we all were pretty agreeable and were able to come to an agreement- spinach, chicken, and mushroom pizza. Oh my goodness, it was so good. Honestly I didn't expect it to be that good with all the sauce on it, since I have never had deep dish pizza before, but if I had the stomach for it I would have gone back for seconds.

During our meal, we talked about various things. Music, anime, movies-you name it, we probably talked about it. We all have a common interest in old cars and Studio Ghibli movies, so that was pretty great.

After the meal, we hit the street and walked to a gift shop that I have never been to before called Greetings.There were a lot of cool socks I might have considered buying if they weren't literally eight dollars a pair. I did end up buying this little metal coin with an angel on it and it's in my God box right now. 

Right after I bought the coin the store was going to close, so we went out and began going to this place called Indian Rock. I had never been there before, as usual it seemed tonight, and I was excited to see the ginormous boulder and climb it. The view of the bay was amazing. I really wish I had an actual camera instead of my cruddy phone camera to show you guys!
Way in the background is the Golden Gate Bridge. The quality of this camera gives the photo this really eerie look that I sort of like. :)
An old grim reminder of human history.
One of the things that was actually cool there was that there was an old air raid siren like right next to the rock. El Cerrito High was apparently the site of a military base during the time, so the siren was obligatory. It was all rusty and then the photo came out a little grainy, which sort of adds to this creepy vibe that I really like. It's sort of haunting, and it's really grim honestly. 

But moving on. We talked a lot on that rock. Subject testing came up- something I was really glad to hear about considering that I might take them one day when I get to be old like Cammie and Joceline. Then we sort of moved on to expectations for the summer and made many jokes along the way. 

The funniest thing happened when a lot of women coming up onto the rock were wearing denim skirts- which I immediately called "jirts." We then got into thinking of things made of denim and making portmanteaus out of them. This is why everyone has added a denim-flavored portmanteau into their title tonight. See if you can spot them all! The hardest one was for jean jacket- would it be "jeanet", or just "jacket?" Who knows!

Then the best thing to top of a perfect night happened- I made a furry friend! His name was Artie and he was a really great dog!

I made a friend! His name is Artie!

He came up with his owners and I clicked at him a bit. He then proceeded to run to me, jump on me and slobber all over my face. I think I stole him from his owners for a bit, too. He laid next to me for a couple of minutes before running back to his owners. It was really great.

So, the night was really great, and I can't wait to see everyone again at orientation! 

Artie and I, courtesy of Evan.






No comments:

Post a Comment