Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Nashville's Eve

I started Departure Day just like any other Wednesday, more or less. I woke up to do more chores than usual though because I wanted to be almost all packed and set before I even left to the pool. As I've stated before, what's really nice about this trip is the fact that we get two check-in pieces of luggage, making packing for me so much easier. With the usual 50 lb cap on the luggage, it's pretty difficult to prepare 3 weeks worth of items. 

I  ended up leaving everything almost ready and headed to the Contra Costa College pool, where I teach swim lessons in the morning, lifeguard midday, and work the registration office in the afternoon. Despite having a busy and children filled day, my mind was mostly on getting on that plane and leaving for Nashville. I probably tired my coworkers out with talking about how anxious I was for the trip. 

An attempt to leave the pool an hour early to run some errands afterward was made, but it wasn't successful. I kept on messing up my time card, and I felt kind of flustered with the end of the swimming session duties. Most kids expect a report card with smiley face stickers and getting all of that together for every single teacher felt like a such a difficult task today. Nevertheless, I got basically everything done and was able to have dinner at a reasonable time. 

Now there are just a few hours until the cohort meets at El Cerrito High School and it all still seems quite surreal. The whole way the program is set up and how supportive Don is in every aspect makes things so much more unbelievable too, and I feel incredibly lucky to have this opportunity. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment