Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Ready to Be Back

Yesterday, I was released from the hospital. I was glad to get out, as I was feeling better and didn't want to stay another night. It took a little while, so I was released at about 6 PM. 

Ms. Hansen drove us (including my mom) over to Hog Heaven for dinner. Again, it was delicious. Although it was nice to go back there again, I wish I hadn't been given the opportunity to, as it wasn't a great experience leading up to it.

Because the VSA said I would have to check in on Wednesday morning, and my mom's flight left today (Tuesday) in the morning, my mom and I got a hotel room at the same place as Ms. Hansen was staying. The hotel room is a bit bigger than the hospital room, which is great, and I definitely prefer the hotel beds to the hospital's. 

Nashville International Airport
That night was pretty uneventful, we just stayed at the hotel and slept, but today was more interesting. We woke up at about 8 AM to go down for breakfast, and after breakfast we drove my mom to the airport. Although Nashville is nice, she went home now that I'm well again. 

This left the rest of the day for Ms. Hansen and I to site see some more. We decided to visit the state capitol building in the downtown area. It was a cool experience, and one of the things that I had wanted to see, but there hadn't been enough time before the VSA started to actually see. It's a really big building, and pretty fancy as well. The architecture looks Greek on the outside, and inside there are marble floors and walls. I was glad we went. 

The outside of the state capitol building
After looking around at the capitol building for a little while, we walked downtown a little bit in search of a restaurant for lunch. We found a small Greek restaurant, Kebab Gyros, and got something there. It was pretty good, I had the gyro plate with steak. 

We decided to go back to the hotel after lunch, so I could take a nap. 

After napping for a little while, I met my proctor group at an Indian restaurant called Sitar's. It was a pretty good place, and I was happy to be able to see them after spending so much time away from the VSA. I could tell they were happy to see me back on my feet as well.

After eating I just went back to the hotel, and now I can't wait to go back to the VSA tomorrow. That's why I'm here!

1 comment: