Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Vanderbilt, oh Vanderbilt.

The last few days feel like they went by in less than an hour. There has been a lot of hard work and fun stuff over the past few days. Check in was a little hard, because I was really nervous and kind of scared of being away from home and my cohort for a long time. However, after orientation and meeting my proctor group it was fine.
My proctor group
My class is very hard. I haven't taken chemistry yet, so I've just sort of been sitting in my class trying to keep up and ask questions but I feel so bad slowing down the class because I didn't understand. However, once the ball really got rolling things got pretty easy and I'm beginning to understand better.

We're split into 3 houses, and we're competing for the House Cup, which we win by gaining points through playing games and doing good deeds. Seems easy enough, but of course competition is stiff.

Last night we split into our proctor groups and had a picture scavenger hunt where we had to take photographs of different things on campus, and I was the person to take pictures. We got a lot of good ones taken where we mimic statues.
Gillian (left) and my roomate Natalie (right) posing as a statue.
All in all, the first few days at Vanderbilt were great and I enjoyed every moment, even if it was a bit tiring.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're settling in. What house are you in? Is it A? What's your arĂȘte class? Don't be afraid to ask the teacher questions before and after class if you need clarification. Hope you're enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete