Wednesday, July 5, 2017

So Close!

It's July 5th, one day to go until we fly to Nashville. I've been busy packing all morning, but now all I have to do is fit in all the loaner items Don will be giving me tomorrow. Now that I'm (almost) completely ready for the trip, I can feel my excitement growing. I first applied to go in December, and I've been looking forward to this moment for about half a year now. Man, how time flies.
Weather in Nashville tomorrow, courtesy of Don.
Nasvhille is going to be awesome. It's also going to be hot and humid (see above), but that's what air conditioning is for, right? We have already picked out what we're going to do in Nashville and Philadelphia - besides taking a summer course at Vanderbilt, of course - and the list is great. On it are Centennial Park, and the full-scale replica of the Parthenon it has; the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum; a tour of Vanderbilt outside of the program we're doing; and in Philadelphia we have even more fun stuff lined up! We'll be visiting the historic distric, with Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell; the Eastern State Penitentiary, a famous prison; and a couple of other things, like touring UPenn. It's going to be so much fun, and I can't wait for tomorrow.

We have a better departure time that the Cornell cohort thank goodness (waking up at 2 AM is never really fun) and so we'll be meeting at the highschool just before 7 AM. We'll go over a few things, and then take the shuttle to the airport... and return home three and a half weeks later, full of all the new things we will have learned and experienced. It's going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment