Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Tenessee, Here We Come!

In less than 24 hours, we'll be in Tennessee. I don't know if that's really set it yet, it's crazy to think that all of the meetings and blogs so far have added up to our departure tomorrow morning. I feel like this a dream, like this whole adventure couldn't possibly be something I'll be a part of. But, it is actually happening, and I'll be meeting up with Evan, Maddie, Joceline, Ms. Hansen, and Don bright and early tomorrow morning so that we (excluding Don) can catch our plane to Tennessee. Once we arrive in Tennessee, we'll have a few days of sight seeing and getting to know the city before we officially start our courses at Vanderbilt.

My very very full bags
I've been busy packing all day. This morning I got most of my things together, and then I went on a last minute Target run with my mom for the few toiletry items that I was missing. When I got home I got down to business, putting everything in my suitcases, yes, we get two suitcases! That two suitcase thing saved me in the end, as it took some juggling of shoes and such between the two so that both bags ended up underweight and weren't too impossible to close. Though, I will admit that during this process there were times where I had to sit on my suitcase to get it to close. While some may call it over packing, I call it being prepared. 

After I was finished packing, and checking that I had everything (even as I type this I'm questioning if I remembered certain items), I sat down to write this nice blog. After which I'm going to go help my mom out with dinner, our last family dinner before I leave, and then enjoy my time with my mom, dad, and sister, before it's time for bed. I've been going to bed super early in an attempt to adjust to the time change we'll experience when we get to Tennessee. I'm hoping my hard work will pay off and I'll be full of energy for the duration of our trip, I want to make sure I get the most I possibly can out of it. 
Where we're headed, Nashville, Tennessee
Tomorrow I'll meet with the rest of the cohort at 6:45 AM, then we'll board a shuttle to the airport, and eventually board the plane to Tennessee. I'm excited and nervous, but I think the nervousness is overshadowed by my excitement. This whole experience will be so interesting and eye opening, I can't wait to update all you readers out there about my journey and experiences! 

No comments:

Post a Comment